KamBaBaPhotolog

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Crazy weather on Canada Day || FujiFilm FinePix S602z | 1/10000s | f5.6 | ISO 200 | 8mm
Location: Canada/Montréal/St. Urbain Street

Crazy weather on Canada Day
● I said it before, this time of the year we have a crazy weather in Montréal. It rains, the sun shines, it is cold, it is hot and humid, we have all variety of conditions. You may think this is normal, but we have all of this in one day :-) For example, last year, the first of July was great. The sun was shining and the weather was dry and perfect. This year, to remind us that this is Canada and you can NEVER trust the weather, it started very nice, then we had a thunder storm, then it became very humid and hot, then it started raining while the sun was shining. The rain was so hard at times that it reminded me of some Iranian movies when the rain looked so fake and artificial. I couldn't imagine back then that I would see that kind of rain in real life; I did see it here in Montréal though ... many times.

While the weather was acting crazy, we were enjoying a great scenery in the sky. You could recognize the loaded/black clouds and the dangerous ones and then all of a sudden the sun would appear and the sky would look great. I took this shot while we had a small break after a big thunder storm. It became very religious-like; I was waiting for a holy figure to get down from upper floors. I doubt it if he/she would stay for a long time though. I have tough questions to ask such a figure and that would quickly send him back to his/her room, up in the sky :-)
 Posted by Hello