KamBaBaPhotolog

Monday, July 05, 2004

31st Montréal Carifiesta (3/3) || FujiFilm FinePix S602z | 1/100s | f8.0 | ISO 160 | 15mm
Location: Canada/Montréal/René-Lévesque Blvd.
31st Montréal Carifiesta (3/3)
● This is for scaling purposes, you can see how big this costume was. I do not know what was the role of two people who were involved in moving this big bird, yes, there were two. The woman in front was also a part of this. The man in the middle was moving the whole thing. Moving the costume was not that hard though, it was moving on wheels. One of the things that these big costumes do during the parade, is doing strange manouverings and this big bird was not an exception - kind of reminds me of Dasteh in Tasoo'a Aashoora. The riders turn from time to time to show the costumes from different angles to everyone - I suppose. The costumes and the groups also have names; which I did not know. I will try to find out if this big costume is the one that won the contest.
 Posted by Hello