KamBaBaPhotolog

Friday, June 25, 2004

Montréal International Jazz Festival
Jazz Festival is getting close ... I saw the workers putting up its main stage on the corner of Rue Jeanne-Mance and Rue Ste. Chaterine today. This is the 25th anniversary of the festival and starting next week that corner of downtown Montréal and several other streets that shape the site of the festival will be closed for a couple of months. Montréal is being called the city of festivals and I believe it is true. Just off the top of my head, I can count 7 festivals: Regae, Jazz, Just for laughs, Francofolie, Gay, Carabean, Film. Indeed, there are more that I cannot recall right now. At the end of the summer, you are usually fed up with the festivals and crave the winter which is the time of no activities what so ever. That is me of course, if you ask others they never want winter to come.